How to write a great Job Description
It's no secret - great job descriptions attract great candidates. But, unless you're a master wordsmith, getting everything in place can be tricky.
In addition, we wanted to share with you our not-so-secret outline to make job description creation a snap!
Summary of the company
- Explain what type of company you are
- What are your future goals?
- What problems are you trying to solve?
- What is unique or important about your culture?
Summary of the job
- Discuss the day-to-day of the job
- What department is the job in?
- Who will this person be working daily with (customers, coworkers, etc)?
Key functions of the job
- How does this job relate to the company goals?
- How will this employee help the company?
Job requirements (whether mandatory or preferred)
- Past experience
- Technical knowledge and/or skills
- Travel requirements (if applicable)
Equipment used for the job (if applicable)
- Heavy machinery
Company benefits and perks
- Salary range
- Health insurance
- Vacation plans
- What makes your organization unique?
We hope this outline helps you on the road to awesome candidates. Feel free to reach out with questions at any time - email@example.com!