How to set up Structured Evaluation Forms for Reviews
Having a solid hiring process is essential to a growing team. We've offered Structured Evaluation Templates for a few years on your Interviews and now with this latest enhancement, you can create set review questions for your ad-hoc reviews and review stages, too!
What is it?
Structured Evaluation Templates allow you to pre set questions for your team to rank the candidate on while leaving their reviews feedback.
These questions can be pre-set for the Review Stage in the opening, or added on the go when sending an ad-hoc review to one of your users.
How do I set it up?
You can set up the Structured Evaluation Templates from any pre-set Review Stage.
- Click on "Openings" on the left blue bar of your Recruiterbox screen
- Click on the opening you'd like to edit this for
- The Opening Details will display
- On the right side of the opening details click "Manage Hiring Workflow"
- Here you can add a new Review Stage, or click the edit Pencil beside an existing review stage:
- Once inside the review stage, you can edit / add the evaluation form on the stage setup:
- Now you can create the custom questions for your evaluation form by clicking "Add an attribute / quality." Note - you can also use the "Copy evaluation form" button to copy an existing form from another stage or opening.
- If you'd like to make an attribute mandatory, you can check the box to do so. Making it mandatory makes both the rating AND comments box mandatory:
- Continue to add attributes until you're finished. You can also edit the ones you've added previously, or delete them. Feel free to preview the form, to see how it's looking. When you're finished, click "Done" to save your changes.
- Next click "Save" on the review stage:
- Now, when a candidate enters this stage, they will be sent for review to this user, and these questions will be asked.
How do I set up a form on an ad-hoc review?
You can use the "Send for Review" button to send a candidate for review at any time - even if you don't have a review stage set up for that point in the process. You can set up a review form when sending from here, too:
How do my users answer the forms? How do I see the feedback?
When your team leaves their review feedback, they will be asked the questions you've specified, leading to higher quality and more valuable review feedback.
Once the feedback is submitted, you'll see it on the "Feedback" tab inside the candidate's profile:
Want to learn more?
You can also read more about using Structured Evaluation Templates on your Interviews, too, here.