How do I view and send emails to candidates?
Candidate messaging allows you to email back and forth with your candidate. This is handy for gathering more information, sending along interview details, or, of course, an offer letter!
Viewing existing messages
To view any existing messages with a candidate, start by navigating to their profile. From here, you can find existing messages via the "Emails" tab:
Sending a new candidate message
If you'd like to send a brand new message to a candidate, you can do so by clicking on the "New Email" tab at the top right of the candidate's profile:
This opens a dialog box, to allow you to compose your message:
- When you're ready to compose your message, you can fill in the subject and the body of the message. If you'd like to have a pre-set signature on all of your messages, you can set this up via Settings > Profile and Password.
- We also offer some handy editing tools across the bottom of the message compose box, including: Attach a file, Attach EEOC questionnaires, Attach a followup questionnaire, insert a fill-field to fill in things such as the candidate's name, attach a calendar invite (valid only if scheduling an interview), basic editing tools, insert a link, and insert an image
- Additionally, you can cc other Recruiterbox users on the message:
And You can pull in stored templates of messages:
- Make the message private: Private messages can only be seen by account super admins, any job admins on this opening, and any user cc'd on the message. Of course, the candidate will have access to see the message, too!
When you're all ready to send, you have a few options, including:
- Remind me to follow up: which will alert you if there is no reply within a set number of days
- Send later - which allows you to send at another time
- Send message - which allows you to send the message
Replying to an existing message thread
If you've already been talking to the candidate on a thread, you can respond within the thread itself, from the email tab:
What happens when the candidate writes back?
When a candidate writes back we alert you (as the sender of the message) and, anyone else you've cc'd on the message. You're alerted to the email address that you use to log in to Recruiterbox. From here, you're welcome to reply either directly in Recruiterbox, or from your email itself. Either way, we'll continue to thread the messages inside Recruiterbox for safe keeping.
Note - replying from your email only works if the message thread starts in Recruiterbox.
How do I know the candidate received my message?
We give you a handy indicator on the message itself. One checkmark means the message has been sent, and two means that it is delivered successfully. Of course, from there candidates could have filters which mean the message doesn't make it to their inbox - but we're on the right track, with it arriving to them!
Should a message ever fail to send, we do alert you via an email notification, and an in app alert in the candidate's profile itself.